Mental Health CounselorApply Job ID 5183 Date posted 05/07/2019 Division EPIC Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift 8am - 5pm
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
EPIC is a nonprofit provider of medical case management, counseling and pharmacy services to Tampa Bay area residents with HIV. As a member of Empath Health, our focus is helping clients achieve success so they can live a healthy life, providing support to caregivers and family members and educating the community on the prevention of HIV.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate Mental Health Counselor to join our team. The Licensed Counselor primary responsibility is to provide mental health counseling to clients of EPIC.
Other roles and responsibilities of this position include:
• Conduct EPIC new client intakes
• Conduct mental health assessments with clients
• Counsel clients individually and in group sessions to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life and making changes
• Plan, organize and lead structured programs of counseling, work, study, recreation and social activities for clients
• Modify treatment activities and approaches as needed in order to comply with changes in clients’ status
• Participate in case consultation and client staffing
• Perform skill building and therapeutic group activities
• Follow all HIPAA regulations and requirements
• Record, maintain and store clinical information either in writing or electronically
• Analyze information
• Work with and communicate with peers, supervisors and clients
• Act as a client advocate in order to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
• Work cooperatively with community agencies to implement Mental Health services
• Obtain 20 CEU’s annually
• Perform other duties as assigned
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Mental Health Counselor with Empath Health, you must be client-focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving the HIV/AIDS community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Two years’ experience in counseling preferred though not required
• Therapy & Counseling: Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures of diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of physical and mental disorders
• Psychology: Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders
• Administration & Management: Knowledge of principles in program planning, program assessment, resource allocation, group leadership, policies and procedures and the coordination of staff and resources
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, issues surrounding diagnosis and medications and treatments.
• Knowledge of basic computer programs such as Microsoft word, excel and outlook
• Must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file
• Licensure: Valid Florida LCSW / LMHC preferred
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.