Medical Case Manager
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
EPIC (Empath Partners in Care) is a nonprofit provider of medical case management, counseling and pharmacy services to Tampa Bay area residents with HIV. As a member of Empath Health, our focus is helping clients achieve treatment success so they can live a healthy life, providing support to caregivers and family members and educating the community on the prevention of HIV.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate Medical Case Manager to provide case management services to the HIV/AIDS population as they request such services. The Medical Case Manager will provide case management services to the HIV/AIDS population as they request such services. CM will perform client and program related record keeping functions and stay abreast and informed of all aspects of the AIDS epidemic. Position must also assist persons with the acquisition of public assistance, Medicaid/Medicare, food stamps, Social Security, housing and other benefit programs. CM must attend Hospice of the Florida Suncoast initial orientation and training and related Hospice and EPIC staff meetings and trainings. The case manager may manage as many as 75 clients, per State of Florida Department of Health Title II Guidelines and Ryan White minimum standards.
Other essential functions and responsibilities of this position include:
• Provide assessments of the client’s needs and personal support systems, development of an individualized needs assessment and service plan, coordinate services to implement the plan, monitor the efficacy of the plan and periodically re-evaluate the plan as related to clients’ on-going needs. Link client to community resources.
• Empower client with support, education and community resources to access the services needed to fulfill the needs identified on client’s needs assessment. In addition, advocate for the client within all available resources to obtain services to meet client needs.
• Educate target populations on all aspects of HIV/AIDS transmission factors, prevention and state of the art HIV/AIDS information. Maintain personal knowledge of HIV/AIDS medical and medication updates.
• Maintain familiarity/working relationship with community resources, Hospice and ASAP staff at all times. Work cooperatively with supervisory staff and participate and respond to supervision as required.
• Work cooperatively and professionally with clients, their families, significant others and service providers.
• Maintain current knowledge of confidentiality laws and requirements concerning HIV+ individuals; attend HIV/AIDS trainings as designated and participate in job-related self-development.
• Maintain all program documentation and client records in an accurate and timely manner including consequent computer training in web/internet research and case management information systems.
• Must be able to work within the office team setup to provide client crisis intervention, staff coverage and be willing to share office responsibilities as designated.
• Work assigned scheduled hours unless otherwise adjusted with HIV Services Manager and/or the Director of HIV Services.
• Other related duties as assigned.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Medical Case Manager with Empath Health, you must be client-focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving the HIV/AIDS community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Case Management experience or at least one year work experience in advocacy services or similar public work in direct services or educational background in the social services field.
• Flexibility to attend meetings and trainings which may fall outside the regularly assigned work hours.
• Excellent communication skills and ability for detail.
• Sensitivity to cultural differences and alternative sexual orientations to include the Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual and Transgendered Communities.
• Sensitivity to the psychosocial issues concerning individuals living with HIV/AIDS.
• Must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.