CookApply Job ID 5214 Date posted 05/22/2019 Division EPIC Position Type Part Time - Regular Shift 8am - 5pm
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
EPIC (Empath Partners in Care) is a nonprofit provider of medical case management, counseling and pharmacy services to Tampa Bay area residents with HIV. As a member of Empath Health, our focus is helping clients achieve treatment success so they can live a healthy life, providing support to caregivers and family members and educating the community on the prevention of HIV.
We are currently seeking an experienced and reliable cook for our Francis House Center in Tampa. The primary responsibility of the Cook is to prepare and/or direct the preparation of food to be served and to comply with all applicable sanitation, health, personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is also responsible for the appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Cook with Empath Health, you must be client-focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving the HIV/AIDS community.
Other requirements of this role include
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in cooking/food service
• Must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
• Knowledge of food safety procedures as designated by the Department of Health and OSHA.
• Knowledge of principles in meal planning for clients needing special diets (e.g. Diabetics, Heart Disease)
• Knowledge of client rights that pertain to nutritional programming and ensure an atmosphere which allows for the well-being of all clients
• Knowledge of universal precautions, safe work practices and established fire/safety/disaster plans
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS
• Knowledge of basic computer programs such as Microsoft word, excel and outlook
• Moderate reading and writing skills
• Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills
• Auditory and visual skills
• Maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate the following equipment and machines used in the performance of this job:
Kitchen Equipment – gas stove, dishwasher, Ansell safety system, chef’s knives, food processor and can opener
• Cleanliness – Keeping work area neat and clean at all times; keeping equipment used in food preparation clean at all times
• Certifications: Valid State of Florida Food Safety Certificate
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.