Teen Volunteer CoordinatorApply Job ID 5200 Date posted 05/15/2019 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift 8:30am - 5:00pm
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate Teen Volunteer Coordinator to be responsible for the coordination of the regional Teen Volunteer program.
Other essential functions and responsibilities of this position include:
• Coordinate and expand the organization’s teen volunteer program, including the recruitment, training, placement, supervision and support of teen volunteers, in collaboration with the Volunteer Programs Coordinator.
• Educate, monitor and ensure that volunteer practice is in compliance with organization’s policies and procedures, and upholds compliance standards. Ensures compliance with regulatory and certifying bodies (Medicare, AHCA, The Joint Commission) within the teen volunteer program.
• Coordinate the Lifetime Legacies, Cheer Team, Party Pals and Thoughtful Gestures programs in collaboration with agency teams and departments.
• Maintain documentation related to volunteer information, assignments and activities.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Teen Volunteer Coordinator with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous volunteer experience preferred.
• Previous experience working with high school students preferred.
• Good organizational, oral and written communication skills required
• Excellent videographic skills preferred.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.