Social Worker - South Pinellas Home TeamApply Job ID 5255 Date posted 06/18/2019 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift 8am - 5pm
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate Social Worker to join our team! The Social Worker completes a psychosocial assessment of each patient and family and provide medical social work services and case management support to all assigned hospice patients and their families. The Social Worker is responsible to assist the patient/family in reaching the maximum benefit from hospice care and services. This is an excellent opportunity for a caring social work professional to grow their career in the hospice field.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Social Worker with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
• At least one year of social work experience in a healthcare setting (the one-year Masters level internship would meet this requirement) and has a current Florida license, or
• Is registered with the State of Florida as a Registered Intern actively working on licensure, or
• Is in the process of becoming a Registered Intern with the State of Florida and will have a registration within 90 days of hire.
o LCSW or registered social work intern licensed eligible
o Valid Florida State Driver’s License
• Continuing Education: As required for licensure.
• The ability to type 25 wpm is highly preferred. Must receive a passing grade on a pre-employment computer literacy evaluation.
• For field-based positions, employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.