Prevention and Outreach SpecialistApply Job ID 6007 Date posted 7/2/2020 Division EPIC Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift 8am - 5pm
EPIC, a member of Empath Health is currently seeking a Zero Pinellas Prevention and Outreach Specialist to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The Zero Pinellas Prevention and Outreach Specialist is a two year grant funded position. The specialist will conduct HIV testing, pre/post counseling, community outreach, referrals to the Zero Pinellas team, other social services agencies, and facilitate groups. This position will also work with other target populations including MSM, and other populations at higher risk for HIV infection; build partnerships with community partners; assist individuals to identify their risk for HIV infection or transmission, how to change risky behaviors, and how to sustain positive risk reduction behavior changes; and conduct one-on-one and group education services to the community. This individual will work collaboratively with all Zero Pinellas partnering agencies to ensure the needs of the clients are met. This position is full time and will required some weekend and evening hours.
• Conduct HIV Rapid Test and pre and post-test counseling.
• Deliver all confirmatory test results and make appropriate referrals for follow up medical care with and other services as identified. Ensure client has been referred to other Zero Pinellas services. Maintain 30 day and 60 day tracking of referrals and complete appropriate documentation, including all Zero Pinellas documentation.
• Order medical supply inventory as needed
• Prepare and submit required reports for Dept. of Health in a timely manner.
• Work collaboratively with other Zero Pinellas team members to identify, establish and conduct outreach at a variety of outreach venues and sites throughout the assigned county.
• Work collaboratively with the Zero Pinellas implementation team, medical providers, members of client’s treatment team, other agency personal and partnering agencies.
• Attend community meetings that support the mission of Zero Pinellas
• Attend all Zero Pinellas implementation meetings and work collaboratively with all Zero Pinellas staff to ensure all Zero Pinellas goals are met. Meet with the Zero Pinellas project coordinator as requested.
• Attend all EPIC, Zero Pinellas and Empath Health staff meetings.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
EPIC (Empath Partners in Care) is a nonprofit provider of medical case management, counseling and pharmacy services to Tampa Bay area residents with HIV. As a member of Empath Health, our focus is helping clients achieve treatment success so they can live a healthy life, providing support to caregivers and family members and educating the community on the prevention of HIV.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 1 to 2 years’ experience in HIV Services or HIV/STD Prevention Services or related health and human services field preferred
• Must have HIV/AIDS 501 and Rapid HIV Test training
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and basic computer software
• Must have reliable transportation and insurance
• Must be able to drive a 31’ mobile testing unit and have appropriate licensure and insurability
• Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferable but not mandatory
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Much more!
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.