PhysicianApply Job ID 5599 Date posted 9/28/2020 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type Full-Time Regular
Meet our Medical Director, https://secure.sparcstart.com/job/2941
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate Physician to provide medical care and treatment for the patients served by Empath Health Pinellas County care teams or consultative palliative care to Empath Health patients
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Physician with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: Doctoral degree (Ph. D.) or equivalent; or more than 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Licensure: Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Florida
• Active DEA license
• Certifications: CPR required
• MD or DO from an accredited medical school
• Board certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties’ recognized specialty that deals with care of the terminally ill, such as Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Oncology or Geriatrics.
• Knowledge and experience in palliative medical practice and symptom management
• Minimum of three years post graduate medical practice experience
• Valid Florida driver’s license and automobile insurance as per agency policies
• Ability to make home/residence visits
• Basic keyboarding and computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word or comparable programs
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.