CNA/HHA PRN - Inpatient South County Care Center (Nights)Apply Job ID 4510 Date posted 09/19/2018 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type PRN Shift 8pm - 8am
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate CNA/HHA to be responsible for providing care and/or assisting with that care when appropriate, under the direction of the professional nurse within the Care Center. The CNA/HHA should be able to respond sensitively to patient/family needs by observing and reporting any changes to include physical, spiritual, social and emotional to the patient’s nurse or supervisory nurse. The CNA/HHA will be expected to work where needed, should the patient census change in the Care Center where he/she is primarily assigned.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a CNA/HHA with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Experience: One to three months related experience and/or training preferred.
o Valid Florida Board of Nursing certification (CNA License).
o Valid Florida State Driver’s License
• Continuing education: Meets State/Federal certification guidelines including 12 hours annual in-service.
o Home Health Aide certification with 75 hours completed.
o Valid CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
• Demonstrated experience in caring for the terminally ill and others with life threatening illnesses is preferred.
• The ability to type 25 wpm is highly preferred. Must receive a passing grade on a pre-employment computer literacy evaluation.
• For field-based positions, employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
• Candidates applying for a care center based position are preferred to have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a long term care setting.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.