CNA/HHA PRN- Home TeamApply Job ID 5496 Date posted 02/13/2020 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type PRN Shift 8am - 5pm
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate CNA/HHA to be responsible for providing personal care and tasks related to the activities of daily living, under the Registered Nurses direction. The Hospice Aide should be able to respond sensitively to patient/family needs by observing and reporting any changes, including physical, spiritual, social and emotional, to a registered nurse. This is an excellent opportunity for a caring CNA/HHA professional to expand their career in the hospice field.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a CNA/HHA with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Experience: One to three months related experience and/or training preferred.
o Valid Florida Board of Nursing certification (CNA License).
o Valid Florida State Driver’s License
• Continuing education: Meets State/Federal certification guidelines including 12 hours annual in-service.
o Home Health Aide certification with 75 hours completed.
o Valid CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
• Demonstrated experience in caring for the terminally ill and others with life threatening illnesses is preferred.
• The ability to type 25 wpm is highly preferred. Must receive a passing grade on a pre-employment computer literacy evaluation.
• For field-based positions, employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.