CNA/HHA - Inpatient South County Care Center - PRN - NightsApply Job ID 6037 Date posted 10/16/2020 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type PRN Shift 8pm - 8am
Suncoast Hospice, a member of Empath Health is currently seeking a CNA/HHA (Hospice Aide) to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
Under the professional nurse's direction, the CNA/HHA is responsible for providing care and/or assisting with that care when appropriate. The Hospice Aide should be able to respond sensitively to patient/family needs by observing and reporting any changes to include physical, spiritual, social and emotional to the patient’s nurse or supervisory nurse. The Hospice Aide will be expected to work where needed, should the patient census change in the Care Center where he/she is primarily assigned.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Experience: One to three months related experience and/or training preferred.
o Valid Florida Board of Nursing certification (CNA License).
o Valid Florida State Driver’s License
• Continuing education: Meets State/Federal certification guidelines including 12 hours annual in-service.
o Home Health Aide certification with 75 hours completed.
o Valid CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
• Demonstrated experience in caring for the terminally ill and others with life threatening illnesses is preferred.
• The ability to type 25 wpm is highly preferred. Must receive a passing grade on a pre-employment computer literacy evaluation.
• For field-based positions, employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
• Candidates applying for a care center based position are preferred to have a minimum of 1 year of experience in a long term care setting.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.