Senior Staff Nurse - Inpatient Mid County Care Center - NightsApply Job ID 6057 Date posted 11/6/2020 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift 11pm - 8am
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate Senior Staff Nurse to provide support and leadership in coordinating team functions in collaboration with and support of the Care Center Manager. This will include Quality Assessment, Performance improvement Project, and safe and appropriate staffing and environment in the Care Center. The Senior Staff Nurse is an active, formal mentor and is the first line resource to the Nursing and Hospice Aide staff on the Team, providing teaching, support and guidance. The Senior Staff Nurse utilizes assessment, intervention and teaching skills to maximize patient comfort and to enhance the quality of life to the patient/family unit. The Senior Staff Nurse is responsible for identifying and coordinating patient/family needs and for guiding staff to provide preventative and supportive care to terminally ill patients/families.
This is an excellent opportunity for an attentive, dynamic RN professional to expand his/her career in the Hospice field. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, stable work/life balance and opportunities to grow in your career in the healthcare field.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Senior Staff Nurse with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
o Valid Florida license as a Registered Nurse
o Valid Florida State Driver’s License
• Continuing education: As required for licensure
• Certifications: CPR
• Minimum of three (3) years nursing experience; with a strong preference for at least one (1) year acute care setting.
• Strong preference for minimum of two (2) years Hospice experience.
• Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Experience with Suncoast Solutions desirable.
• Must have reliable transportation which will enable the SSN to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in their employee file.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Suncoast Hospice policies and procedures and pertinent State and Federal Rules and Regulations.
• Must successfully complete critical thinking skills assessment
• The ability to type 25 wpm is highly preferred. Must receive a passing grade on a pre-employment computer literacy evaluation.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.