PACE RN Case Manager (Supplemental)Apply Job ID 4795 Date posted 10/08/2018 Division Suncoast PACE Position Type PRN Shift 8am - 5pm
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) is a nonprofit provider of comprehensive health care and support services to Pinellas County seniors with chronic health conditions. As a member of Empath Health, our focus is on helping participants remain healthy and independent while living in their own homes.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate RN Case Manager to provide direct and indirect primary nursing care to assigned participants to include center and home care needs on an "as needed" basis. The RN Case Manager works under the direct and indirect supervision of the Center Manager or physician extender but is independent in the application of advanced nursing knowledge and skills. The RN Case Manager manages complex clinical situations for which he/she is responsible. This role supervises both licensed and unlicensed personnel.
This is an excellent opportunity for an RN professional to grow their experience working with the elderly in our community.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As an RN Case Manager with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Graduate of a school of professional nursing program required. Bachelors of Science Registered Nursing (BSRN) strongly preferred.
• A minimum of one year’s experience in working with the frail or elderly population required.
• Current Florida Registered Nurses License and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
o Management and leadership skills.
o Broad knowledge base of health care problems of the frail elderly.
o Skilled in physical assessment and triaging.
o Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments.
o Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe working environment.
o Skilled in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
o Skilled in preparing and maintaining records and writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
o Skilled in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
o Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with participants, medical staff, staff members and family caregivers.
o Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
o Preferred experience caring for terminal patients and others with life threatening illnesses.
• The ability to type 25 wpm is highly preferred. Must receive a passing grade on a pre-employment computer literacy evaluation.
• For field-based positions, employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.