PACE APRN - PTApply Job ID 6246 Date posted 11/13/2020 Position Type Part Time - Regular
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) is a nonprofit provider of comprehensive health care and support services to Pinellas County seniors with chronic health conditions. As a member of Empath Health, our focus is on helping participants remain healthy and independent while living in their own homes.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate APRN to provide primary care to participants. The APRN performs physical assessments of participants, and develops and implements appropriate plans of care. The ARNP will Evaluate participant physical complaints and provide appropriate treatment. The ARNP also oversees the care needs of participants in their homes, the PACE center as well as in facilities and provides participant and family teaching. The ARNP functions as a member of the multidisciplinary team and reports to the Suncoast PACE Executive Director.
We offer competitive salaries, stable work/life balance and opportunities to grow in your career in the healthcare field.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As an APRN with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education: Graduate of an accredited nurse practitioner program with a MSN degree.
• Registered Nurse Practitioner in the State of Florida.
• Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of health care experience, and three (3) years of management experience, preferably in a geriatric care setting required. A minimum of one year’s experience in working with the frail or elderly population. Shall have either training or related experience in the job assigned. Shall be knowledgeable of the physical, mental, and social needs of the elderly.
• Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner License in the State of Florida
• National Certification as ARNP from ANCC or AANP preferred.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
• Skills and Knowledge:
o Working knowledge of the Suncoast PACE regulations.
o Working knowledge of Florida’s healthcare and aging networks.
o Demonstrated effective leadership and decision-making skills.
o Effective supervisory skills.
o Ability to foster collaborative working relationships.
o Strong group facilitation skills.
o Working knowledge of physical, mental, and social needs of the frail elderly and their families.
o Working knowledge of quality improvement and cost containment systems.
o Ability to apply creative problem-solving skills to complex issues.
o Ability to effectively and efficiently plan, prioritize and follow-up on delegate responsibilities.
o Grasp of the knowledge base from which various disciplines assess the needs of the elderly population.
o Effective written and oral communication skills.
o Working knowledge of local health care and geriatric service networks.
o Working knowledge of spreadsheet, database, and/or word processing.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.