Lead Environmental Services Technician
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
At Suncoast Hospice, the Lead Environmental Services Technician oversees, coordinates and participates in the daily activities of the housekeeping department under the direction of the Facilities Manager. The Lead Environmental Services Technician position provides clean, sanitary conditions which prevent the spread of infection and odors. Lead Environmental Services Technician may be required to perform tasks which involve exposure to visible blood contamination. The lead Environmental Services Technician must follow the required procedures for handling, cleaning, disposing in accordance with OSHA Blood-borne Pathogen Standard’s. Lead Environmental Services Technician is required to inspect and document rooms for cleanliness maintaining required agency and OSHA standards.
• Responsible for coordinating and monitoring all housekeeping standards and responsibilities at all Care Centers.
• Operates various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, etc.
• Maintain facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning of equipment and
• Clean, mop, scrub, sweep or vacuum public area floors and hallways.
• Responsible for daily disposal of trash, waste and other disposable materials and replacing waste
• Handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, and Suncoast Hospice policy/procedure guidelines.
• Plan work schedule for major tasks. Completes cleaning of patient rooms: wet mopping floors, thoroughly washing furniture, scrubbing mattress and frames and cleaning and washing bathroom fixtures.
• Change bed linens.
• Damp dust furniture, light fixtures, window sills, drinking fountains, ice-making machines, blinds etc.
• Damp mop all hallway bathroom, dining room, avenue kitchens and staff lounge floors daily.
• Clean wash basins, mirrors, commodes, tubs, and showers daily.
• Check all vacant rooms daily to keep fresh, replenish paper supplies as needed.
• Clean all air vents in public areas and patient rooms.
• Report any needed repairs immediately to maintenance (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile,
broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, beds needing repair, etc.).
• Wash windows as scheduled.
• Check entire area for spills, water, etc. periodically, especially in residents’ bathrooms.
• Follow instructions on use of germicidal solutions to clean. All procedures for solution use will be part
of the housekeeper's training.
• Use safety precautions in all housekeeping services.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Lead Environmental Services Technician with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Employment Physical Exertion Test (POET) required.
• Minimum of 18 years of age or older.
• Must be able to lift, carry, walk, sit, push and pull.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
• Must be able to move continuously during work hours and able to perform heavy lifting as needed.
• Must be able to read and write English to follow instructions and understand and identify chemicals from their labels.
• Must be willing and able to successfully complete computer literacy evaluation.
• Requires a valid driver’s license, a safe driving record and a reliable, insured vehicle to commute between Care Centers as required.
• Ability to write effective summaries and reports as required.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Some computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook preferred.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.