High Tech RN PRN - Inpatient Mid County Care Center (Nights)Apply Job ID 4905 Date posted 11/08/2018 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type PRN Shift 8pm - 8am
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate Hospice Care Center Registered Nurse (RN) to be responsible for identifying and coordinating patient/family needs and for providing preventive and supportive care to the terminally ill patient/family unit. The Care Center RN utilizes assessment, intervention and teaching skills to maximize patient comfort and to enhance the quality of life to the patient/family unit. The Care Center RN provides oversight and supervision of the LPN and/or hospice aide for the delivery of patient care in the GIP environment.
This is an excellent opportunity for a caring, dynamic RN professional to expand their career in the Hospice field.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Care Center RN PRN with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; Minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
o Valid Florida license as a Registered Nurse
o Valid Florida State Driver’s License
• Continuing Education: As required for licensure.
• Certifications: CPR required
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
• Minimum of 2 years of current active nursing experience; with experience in caring for terminally ill patients or those with life threatening illnesses preferred; prefer one (1) year experience in an acute or post acute care setting.
• The ability to type 25 wpm is highly preferred. Must receive a passing grade on a pre-employment computer literacy evaluation.
• For field-based positions, employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.