Health Information TechnicianApply Job ID 5815 Date posted 03/25/2020 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift Other
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
The HIM department is charged with ensuring the privacy and integrity of electronic and paper medical records are maintained and available to those who require and are authorized to access the records in accordance with policies and procedures of Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health and affiliated Empath Health programs. It is the responsibility of the Health Information Technician (HIT) to support the HIM department strategic objectives and goals as demonstrated by the accuracy and timeliness of their work as well as the analysis and critical thinking required to support Quality reporting and regulatory requirements.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Health Information Technician with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent, AHIMA certification or AS Degree; with minimum of six months related health information experience or credential; will consider candidates without certification or degree, with a minimum of 2-3 years of HIM experience.
• Strong analysis and critical thinking skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Computer skills with experience working with Outlook and MS Office; experience in electronic health record systems as a user or HIT is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Able to organize work priorities and meet specific objectives under time constraints.
• Accurate, detail oriented with the ability to problem-solve with minimal direct supervision
• Able to work in close proximity to others in a team-oriented environment.
• Must be self-motivated and have excellent customer service and organizational skills.
• Must have the ability to speak clearly and have patience and compassion when answering calls (patients, family members, etc).
• Must be flexible to work weekday and/or weekends.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.