Dietary Technician - Inpatient Mid County Care CenterApply Job ID 5112 Date posted 06/07/2019 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift 8am - 5pm
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking a caring and experienced Dietary Technician to join Empath Health. The Dietary Tech will promote and follow all dietary policies and procedures in hospice houses to ensure safe food practices. The Dietary Tech will assist Cook in preparing meal trays in accordance with patient wishes and appropriate safe handling standards. The Dietary Tech may be needed to provide cooking support in event Cook is absent. The Dietary Tech will support menu (food selection) system as needed. Additionally, Dietary Tech will provide dining services to patients and guests while maintaining and exceeding hospitality and service standards. This is an excellent opportunity for a caring, dietary professional to expand his/her career in the hospice field.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Dietary Tech with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Current ServSafe certification required.
• Desire to work with hospice patients.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
• Ability to effectively communicate with -patients/families, volunteers, supervisor and staff.
• Experience in food services environment preferable.
• Ability to provide dishwashing services and assist in providing dining services which meet or exceed hospitality and service standards.
• Ability to read and follow instructions to meet needs of kitchen services and cleaning.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.