CNA/HHA - PACEApply Job ID 4395 Date posted 09/06/2017 Division Suncoast PACE Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift 8am - 5pm
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) is a nonprofit provider of comprehensive health care and support services to Pinellas County seniors with chronic health conditions. As a member of Empath Health, our focus is on helping participants remain healthy and independent while living in their own homes.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate CNA/HHA to provide and assist participants with activities of daily living, restorative and supportive care necessary to the preservation of the home environment. This role assists in monitoring and reporting the health status and providing a safe environment for the PACE participants of Suncoast PACE. The CNA/HHA functions as a vital member of Interdisciplinary Team.
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, stable work/life balance and opportunities to grow in your career in the healthcare field.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a CNA/HHA with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Current Certification as Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) in the State of Florida and Home Health Aide Certification required.
• Experience: A minimum of one year’s experience in working with the frail or elderly population required.
• Current Certification as Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) in the State of Florida and Home Health Aide Certification required.
• Valid CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
• Skills and Knowledge:
o Knowledge of principles, practices standards and techniques of a C.N.A.
o Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
o Knowledge of medical equipment how to use and maintain.
o Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, co-workers, medical staff, and the public.
o Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
o Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
o Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
o Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.