CNA/HHA - PACEApply Job ID 5979 Date posted 6/22/2020 Division Suncoast PACE Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift 8am - 5pm
PACE, a member of Empath Health is currently seeking a CNA to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
Under the direction and supervision of the Senior Staff Nurse, responsible for providing and assisting participants with activities of daily living, restorative and supportive care necessary to the preservation of the home environment. Assists in monitoring and reporting the health status and providing a safe environment for the PACE participants of SUNCOAST PACE. Functions as a member of Interdisciplinary Team.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Suncoast PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) is a nonprofit provider of comprehensive health care and support services to Pinellas County seniors with chronic health conditions. As a member of Empath Health, our focus is on helping participants remain healthy and independent while living in their own homes.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. Current Certification as Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) in the State of Florida and Home Health Aide Certification required.
• Experience: A minimum of one year’s experience in working with the frail or elderly population required.
• Current Certification as Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) in the State of Florida and Home Health Aide Certification required.
• Valid CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
• Skills and Knowledge:
o Knowledge of principles, practices standards and techniques of a C.N.A.
o Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
o Knowledge of medical equipment how to use and maintain.
o Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, co-workers, medical staff, and the public.
o Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
o Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
o Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
o Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement.
We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Much more!
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.