CNA/HHA - PACE PRN
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) is a nonprofit provider of comprehensive health care and support services to Pinellas County seniors with chronic health conditions. As a member of Empath Health, our focus is on helping participants remain healthy and independent while living in their own homes.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate Program Assistant/CNA to provide and assist participants with activities of daily living, restorative and supportive care and work in our Adult Day Center. The Program Assistant/CNA will support the efforts of the Activities Coordinator by assisting with the implementation of the scheduled activities. The Program Assistant/CNA assists in monitoring and reporting the health status and providing a safe environment for the PACE participants of Suncoast PACE. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic Certified Nursing Assistant to grow their career working with the elderly population.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Program Assistant/CNA with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
1. High School diploma or equivalent required. Current Certification as Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) in the State of Florida and Home Health Aide certification required.
2. A minimum of one year’s experience in working with the frail or elderly population required.
3. Current Certification as Certified Nursing Assistant (C.N.A) in the State of Florida and Home Health Aide Certification required.
3. Must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and have means of transportation.
4. Skills and Knowledge:
• Knowledge of principles, practices standards and techniques of a C.N.A.
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
• Knowledge of medical equipment how to use and maintain.
• Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, co-workers, medical staff, and the public.
• Skilled in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.