CNA/HHA - North Pinellas Facility TeamApply Job ID 4391 Date posted 09/07/2017 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift 8am - 5pm
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate CNA/HHA to be responsible for providing personal care and tasks related to the activities of daily living, under the Registered Nurses direction. The Hospice Aide should be able to respond sensitively to patient/family needs by observing and reporting any changes, including physical, spiritual, social and emotional, to a registered nurse. This is an excellent opportunity for a caring CNA/HHA professional to expand their career in the hospice field. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, stable work/life balance and opportunities to grow in your career in the healthcare field.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a CNA/HHA with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Completion of an approved Nursing Assistants’ course offering certification and the approved 75-hour Home Health Aide certification. Florida Board of Nursing certification required.
• Prefer at least one (1) year of home health aide experience or LPN functioning in the role of Home Health Aide.
• Demonstrated experience in caring for the terminally ill and others with life threatening illnesses.
• Must be able to use keyboard on a laptop to type 25 wpm and use mouse touchpad. Candidates will be administered a pre-employment basic level computer literacy evaluation.
• Must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in their employee file.
• Meets State/Federal certification guidelines including 12 hours annual in-service.
• Candidates applying for a facility based position are required to have at least 1 year of LTC experience.
• Valid CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.