Care Team Manager - North Pinellas Home TeamApply Job ID 5148 Date posted 06/29/2019 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type Full-Time Regular
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking a caring and experienced leader for the role of Care Team Manager with Empath Health. The Care Team Manager (CTM) is an integral component of the leadership team at Suncoast Hospice. He/she assumes responsibility for conveying the Mission/Vision to the community served by Empath Health. The Care Team Manager is directly responsible for compliance with governing state and federal regulations and standards of care guidelines of outside accreditation agencies. He/she has the primary responsibility and authority for maintaining quality of patient care in accordance with the organization’s objectives and policies through planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating the services provided to patients and families.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, clinical professional to expand his/her career in the hospice leadership field.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Care Team Manager with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; Masters degree preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Two years Hospice experience with at least two years of management experience preferred.
• Seven to ten total years experience as an RN preferred.
• Licensure: RN
• Continuing education: Must acquire continuing education and training related to regulatory and professional practices. Demonstrates advancement in knowledge and expertise.
• Certifications (i.e. CPR): Current certifications as applicable to their professional discipline.
• Must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
• Must successfully complete critical thinking skills assessment.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.