Care Team Assistant - Pearl TeamApply Job ID 5799 Date posted 02/13/2020 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift 8am - 5pm
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced and hardworking Care Team Assistant to provide communication, resource and administrative support to the agency Interdisciplinary Teams, as well as patients, families and other members of the community.
This is an excellent opportunity for an attentive, dynamic administrative professional to expand his/her career in the Hospice field. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, stable work/life balance and opportunities to grow in your career in the healthcare field.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Care Team Assistant with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); minimum 2 years administrative experience in Hospice or related field preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Solid customer service skills
• Excellent documentation and organizational skills, including time management, multi-tasking and prioritizing
• Ability to build and maintain interpersonal relationships
• Exhibit self-direction, independent judgment, discretion and ability to work and collaborate with all team members, including volunteers
• Strong computer knowledge in MS Word, Excel and Outlook, and the capability to learn additional software as needed.
• Demonstrated ability to be sensitive to the needs of the staff and Hospice clientele as well as flexibility within an organized system
• Medical terminology background preferred.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.