Pharmacy Technician IIApply Job ID 4944 Date posted 12/05/2018 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift Other
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
Empath Health Pharmacy Level II Technicians will process and fill orders for pharmaceuticals, compound sterile preparations using aseptic technique, clean and maintain ISO certified environments and perform related duties. They provide professional, courteous, and efficient customer service to pharmacy customers and assist our licensed pharmacists in the preparation of medications as directed and in accordance with State and federal pharmacy laws.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Pharmacy Technician II with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; at least one year of experience performing sterile compounding according to USP 797 guidelines; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Licensure: Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician with the Florida Department of Health, Board of Pharmacy
• Continuing education: Meet continuing education requirements as noted by the Florida Department of Health, Board of Pharmacy Division
• Certifications (i.e. CPR): CPhT (certified pharmacy technician) from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) preferred; CSPT (Certified Compounded Sterile Preparation Technician) from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) preferred
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
• Intermediate computer skills sufficient to use Windows operating system, Excel, Outlook, perform daily word task.
• Ability to organize, multi-task prioritize daily work.
• Successful candidates must be willing to work evenings and/or weekends, as needed.
• Must be willing and able to successfully complete computer literacy evaluation.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.