Pharmacy Intern IApply Job ID 6027 Date posted 7/31/2020 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type Intern or Other Job Types
Empath Health is currently seeking a Pharmacy Intern I to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The Pharmacy Intern I is a member of the Pharmacy team, reporting to the Director of Pharmacy. Under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, the intern shall prepare, dispense and distribute medication and provide clinical monitoring and drug information in a manner which ensures optimal patient care. The intern provides professional, courteous, and efficient customer service to pharmacy customers and assists our licensed pharmacists in the preparation of medications as directed and in accordance with State and federal pharmacy laws.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education and/or Experience: Enrollment in the first or second of four years of a PharmD program in an accredited pharmacy college or school
• Intermediate computer skills sufficient to use Windows operating system, Excel, Outlook, Word and prescription processing software.
• Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize daily work.
• Professional interaction skills with medical, nursing and ancillary staffs.
• Successful candidates must be willing to work evenings and/or weekends, as needed.
• Licensure: Florida Pharmacy Intern License
• Continuing education: Continued enrollment in an intern program at a college or school of pharmacy accredited by the Accreditation Council of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE) or graduation from such a program.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.