Clinical Pharmacist CoordinatorApply Job ID 6093 Date posted 10/19/2020 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type Full-Time Regular
Empath Health is currently seeking a Clinical Pharmacist Coordinator to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
This Clinical Pharmacist Coordinator is responsible for the development, implementation, and oversight of all clinical pharmacy programs at Empath Health with a focus on hospice and palliative care. This includes formulary management, establishment and maintenance of best practices within the medication use system, the provision of pharmacy related education to staff and Empath Health community partners, responding to requests for clinical pharmacy consults, supervision of the clinical pharmacy team, and other duties as assigned. In addition, the clinical pharmacist coordinator will have oversight of Advance Pharmacy Practice Experience (APPE) students from various educational institutions.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; one to two years related discipline specific experience in Hospice, oncology, human services, or related field, and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Successful completion of a doctor of pharmacy program or equivalent experience.
• Licensure: Licensed as a Pharmacist with the Florida Department of Health, Board of Pharmacy
• Continuing education: Meet continuing education requirements as noted by the Florida Department of Health, Board of Pharmacy Division
• Certifications (i.e. CPR): Valid CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
• Specialty residency in Hospice – Pain Management/Palliative Care, Oncology or related field preferred.
• Participation as a member of an Interdisciplinary Team preferred.
• In depth current knowledge in area of specialty related to Hospice and/or palliative care.
• Ability to translate organizational goals into effective programming.
• Experience in clinical pathway development, including literature reviews, drug utilization, planning, implementation, and outcome evaluation preferred.
• Commitment to research process and application to practice.
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, and public speaking experience.
• Must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in their employee file.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Much more!
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.