Spiritual Care Coordinator - PRNApply Job ID 5971 Date posted 6/19/2020 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type PRN Shift 8am - 5pm
Suncoast Hospice, a member of Empath Health is currently seeking a Spiritual Care Coordinator to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The spiritual counselor offers spiritual support and services consistent with the spiritual beliefs of patients and families. Spiritual care is provided in cooperation with the interdisciplinary team. The Spiritual Care Coordinator also provides spiritual support and leadership for staff and volunteers. He/she serves as a liaison to community clergy and congregations.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Board certified chaplain with Association of Professional Chaplains, National Association of Catholic Chaplains, National Association of Jewish Chaplains or Spiritual Care Association preferred. If not, must be eligible and willing to work towards attaining board certification within the first two years of employment.
• Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree in Divinity, Theology, Pastoral Care, or related field from an accredited institution, or equivalent level of preparation as determined by their faith group.
• Additional Education: Minimum of two units of Clinical Pastoral Education. Four units preferred
• Previous experience in spiritual leaderships and inter-faith cooperation. Ability to take a leadership role in change management and conflict resolution.
• Compassion for and understanding of ministry to the terminally ill, their caregivers and families.
• Sufficient spiritual and emotional maturity to understand and exhibit healthy professional boundaries when working with a highly vulnerable population.
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team, health care experience preferred.
• Ability to be an educator, advocate and resource for patients and families, team members, community clergy and congregations regarding the spiritual issues and care of the terminally ill.
• Basic computer skills and ability to learn clinical documentation programs.
• Ability to organize, arrange for, or conduct memorial services as requested.
• Sufficient training and experience to participate in bereavement services.
• Must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in their employee file.
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.