Speech Therapist - PRNApply Job ID 4419 Date posted 10/11/2017 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type PRN Shift 8am - 5pm
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced and dedicated PRN Speech Therapist/Speech Language Pathologist to provide medically prescribed speech therapy services to patients who require such care in their homes..
Essential tasks, duties and responsibilities of this position include:
• Performs speech therapy evaluations, procedures and diagnostic tests on patients for whom these have been medically prescribed and collaborates with referring physician regarding plan of care.
• Develops and implements individualized treatment programs/care plans by interpreting evaluation data, assessing patient needs, establishing goals and providing treatment. Treatment plan is developed in accordance with patient and family wishes.
• Teaches appropriate treatment procedures and supportive activities to patient/family members and other involved in the patient’s care.
• Documents care following agency guidelines.
• Facilitates interdisciplinary patient care by collaborating with the patient/family, interdisciplinary team, and other appropriate members of the health care team.
• Minimizes occurrence of infectious diseases among employees and patients by following infection control procedures and protocols.
• Performs other duties as requested by the Supplemental Staffing Manager within the scope of own professional license and in accordance with agency mission, vision and values
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, caring Speech Therapy professional to expand his/her career in the non-profit healthcare field.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As an Speech Therapist – PRN with Empath Health you must be highly motivated, an excellent listener, self-disciplined and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
1. Must meet either of the following requirements:
a. The education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence in speech-language pathology granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, or
b. The educational requirements for certification and is in the process of accumulating the supervised experience required for certification.
2. Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited university.
3. Currently licensed as a Speech-Language Pathologist in the state of Florida.
4. Minimum of one year experience as Speech-Language Pathologist; home health experience preferred.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.