Speech-Language Pathologist PRNApply Job ID 5950 Date posted 5/21/2020 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type PRN
Empath Health is currently seeking a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) to join our team. If you are compassionate, patient-focused, and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The Speech Therapist provides speech-language therapy services to patients who require such services in their homes and adheres to all conditions in the service agreement.
Essential functions and other responsibilities of this role include:
1. Provides medically prescribed speech-language therapy services to patient who may require such care in their homes.
2. Conducts a thorough assessment of the patient, resulting in a plan of care that takes into account the patient need. Treatment plan is developed in accordance with patient and family wishes.
3. Plans and implements comprehensive therapy program and evaluates results.
4. Develops measurable patient-centered goals in collaboration with patient and family.
5. Teaches appropriate speech/language/communication techniques and supportive activities to patients, family members, home health aides, and other professionals and paraprofessional involved in the patient’s care.
6. Facilitates interdisciplinary patient care by collaborating with the patient/family, interdisciplinary team, and other appropriate members of the health care team.
7. Modifies the plan of care with associated changes in the prescribed plan of treatment.
8. Documents according to agency guidelines.
9. Complies with agency policies and procedures, licensure laws and external regulatory requirements as related to own field of practice.
10. Minimized infectious disease among employees and patients by following infection control policies and protocols. Attends on-going in-service education regarding safety issues in the home, equipment and HIV precautions.
11. Performs other duties as requested by the Director Care Support Services within the scope of own professional license and in accordance with agency mission, vision and values.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree (M.A.) in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited university or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Licensure: Speech Therapy license from the State of Florida
• Continuing education: Biannual CEUs as required by the Florida Board of Licensure
• Certifications: Valid CPR certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
• Must meet either of the following requirements:
a. The education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence in speech-language pathology granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, or
b. The educational requirements for certification and is in the process of accumulating the supervised experience required for certification.
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.