Social Worker/Counselor - PRNApply Job ID 5163 Date posted 06/11/2019 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type PRN Shift Other
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
At Empath Health we have talented Social Workers who provide direct clinical care to the patient/family unit in facility and in-home settings. They also identify patient/family problems and initiate a plan of care in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Social Worker/Counselor with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
• At least one year of social work experience in a healthcare setting (the one-year Masters level internship would meet this requirement) and has a current Florida license, or
• Is registered with the State of Florida as a Registered Intern actively working on licensure, or
• Is in the process of becoming a Registered Intern with the State of Florida and will have a registration within 90 days of hire.
o LCSW or registered social work intern licensed eligible
o Valid Florida State Driver’s License
• Continuing Education: As required for licensure.
• The ability to type 25 wpm is highly preferred. Must receive a passing grade on a pre-employment computer literacy evaluation.
• For field-based positions, employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.