RN PRN- Crisis Care TeamApply Job ID 5145 Date posted 04/11/2019 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type PRN Shift 12midnight - 8am
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate RN to join our Crisis Care Team. In collaboration with the Primary RN, the Crisis Care RN is responsible for identifying crisis level Patient/Family needs and coordinating Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) provision of services under physician’s orders while under the Crisis Care level of care. The RN utilizes assessment, monitoring, intervention, and teaching skills to maximize patient comfort and enhance the quality of life for the Patient/Family unit.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a RN with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; Minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
o Valid Florida license as a Registered Nurse
o Valid Florida State Driver’s License
• Continuing Education: As required for RN licensure.
• Certifications: CPR required
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
• Prefer one (1) year experience in an acute or post-acute care setting
• Preferred experience caring for terminal patients and others with life threatening illnesses.
• The ability to type 25 wpm is highly preferred. Must receive a passing grade on a pre-employment computer literacy evaluation.
• For field-based positions, employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.