Resale Shoppe DriverApply Job ID 5155 Date posted 05/01/2019 Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift 8am -4:30pm
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
The Resale Shoppe Driver is responsible for pick-up and delivery of donated merchandise and purchases. Some general Resale Shoppe duties may also be assigned. Excellence in customer service is expected.
• Resale Shoppe Driver will pickup donated merchandise, possibly deliver purchases to customers’ homes, and/or assist with distribution to various Resale Shoppe or storage locations.
• Driver will assist in various Resale Shoppe and warehouse duties, i.e., cleaning and maintaining stock.
• Driver will maintain accurate delivery logs, gift receipts and all other related paperwork.
• Driver will coordinate with maintenance the regular servicing of the assigned vehicle(s) and keep them in a clean and functioning order.
• Other duties as assigned by the Resale Shoppe Coordinators and Supervisor.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Resale Shoppe Driver with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Please complete the requirements (if any) for the following:
• Licensure: CDL Class C license preferred.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
• Basic mechanical skills.
• Knowledge of Pinellas County streets.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to complete routine paperwork.
• Must be able to work flexible schedule during regular business hours (9-5), including some Saturdays.
• Some computer skills required for timesheets, company training and other various functions for position.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.