Patient ConciergeApply Job ID 6046 Date posted 7/31/2020 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift 9:30am-6pm
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate Care Navigation Patient Concierge to be a first responder from our agency who is passionate about the services we offer, and works directly with patient/family/authorized representative, or any other customer to insure optimal access. Keeps patient centered services and caring at the forefront, exceeding customer expectations and insuring best practice and flawless care in all aspects.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Care Navigation Patient Concierge with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Computer skills.
• Knowledge of Empath Health/Suncoast Hospice programs.
• Basic knowledge of reimbursement for services.
• Working knowledge of community resources.
• Ability to listen, assess needs and coordinate care.
• Possess appropriate license and vehicle for travel needed to perform the job responsibilities.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.