LPN - PediatricApply Job ID 4208 Date posted 02/12/2018 Division Empath Home Health Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift 8pm - 8am
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
At Empath Health, the Pediatric LPN is responsible for identifying and meeting Patient/Family needs according to physicians orders and Plan of Care. Under the supervision of the Pediatric RN, the LPN utilizes monitoring, intervention, and teaching skills to maximize patient comfort and enhance the quality of life for the Patient/Family unit during the assigned shift. The Empath Health LPN is supervised and collaborates with Pediatric RN and reports to the Pediatric Services Manager.
Caring for a seriously-ill young child can be incredibly emotional and challenging for any family. Our specialized pediatric care can ease a child’s suffering and give the best possible quality of life while supporting the entire family. The focus is bringing the most comfort and peace to children by helping them understand their medical conditions, relieving their pain and calming their concerns and fears.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Pediatric LPN with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
• Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
o Valid Florida LPN License.
o Valid Florida State Driver’s License.
• Continuing Education: As required for licensure.
• Certification: Current CPR certification required; Current IV Therapy certification required.
• Must take LPN Pharmacology exam to meet certification requirements for administration of medications and attain a passing score.
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
• Additional experience in other health care settings desirable.
• For field-based positions, employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
• The ability to type 25 wpm is highly preferred. Must receive a passing grade on a pre-employment computer literacy evaluation.
• Three (3) years experience as LPN required. Experience with chronic and acutely ill children preferred.
• Demonstrates excellent nursing judgment and the ability to schedule priorities well.
• Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills and mastery of documentation needs.
• Demonstrates superior communication skills.
• Must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in their employee file.
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.