Health Information Technician- Part TimeApply Job ID 6128 Date posted 10/5/2020 Division Suncoast Hospice Position Type Part Time - Regular Shift 12pm - 6pm
Empath Health is currently seeking a Health Information Technician to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The HIM department is charged with ensuring the privacy and integrity of electronic and paper medical records are maintained and available to those who require and are authorized to access the records in accordance with policies and procedures of Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health and affiliated Empath Health programs. It is the responsibility of the Health Information Technician (HIT) to support the HIM department strategic objectives and goals as demonstrated by the accuracy and timeliness of their work as well as the analysis and critical thinking required to support Quality reporting and regulatory requirements.
Shift: 12pm - 6pm; Must be flexible to work weekday and/or weekends. (24 hrs per week)
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education and/or Experience: College graduate, AHIMA certification or AS Degree; with minimum of one year related health information experience or credential; will consider candidates without certification or degree, with a minimum of 2-3 years of HIM experience.
• Strong analysis and critical thinking skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Computer skills with experience working with Outlook and MS Office Suite; experience in electronic health record systems as a user or HIT is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Able to organize work priorities and meet specific objectives under time constraints.
• Accurate, detail oriented with the ability to problem-solve with minimal direct supervision
• Able to work in close proximity to others in a team-oriented environment.
• Must be self-motivated and have excellent customer service and organizational skills.
• Must have the ability to speak clearly and have patience and compassion when answering calls (patients, family members, etc).
• Must be flexible to work weekday and/or weekends.
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.