Compliance SpecialistApply Job ID 6158 Date posted 12/21/2020 Division Empath Health Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift 8am - 5pm
Empath Health is currently seeking a Compliance Specialist to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The Compliance Specialist will assist in ongoing enterprise-wide risk assessments to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of controls designed to ensure that processes and practices lead to appropriate execution of regulatory requirements and guidelines and will offer recommendations for mediation and correction as necessary.
The Compliance Specialist will also assist in the development and deployment of an enterprise-wide internal compliance auditing and monitoring program to assure that all programs are fully compliant with relevant legal and regulatory bodies. This role is responsible for executing internal audits of medical records to assure organizational integrity in the delivery for all programs of Empath Health.
Additionally, the Compliance Specialist will function as a resource to all internal programs and departments. They will serve as a subject matter expert and authoritative resource on interpretation and application of relevant regulations. They will provide education and guidance as needed.
In the absence of the Director of Organizational Integrity, the Compliance Specialist will serve as the lead resource for the organization in matters of a regulatory and compliance nature.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in healthcare or business; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum 3 years of Hospice experience preferred.
• Experience in healthcare regulations and compliance.
• Attention to detail and analytical skills.
• Ability to understand and effectively apply healthcare laws and regulations.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to communicate complex and potentially sensitive issues to all levels of management including senior leadership.
• Able to promptly and efficiently react to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Much more!
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.