AccountantApply Job ID 4938 Date posted 12/06/2018 Position Type Full-Time Regular Shift 8am - 5pm
Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Empath Health is currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Accountant to join our team.
The Accountant is responsible for accurate and timely preparation of financial statements and other general ledger related reconciliations and reporting. The Accountant will assist with preparation of operating budgets and be responsible for accurate and timely preparation of bank reconciliations; recording, reconciling and analyzing payroll activity; recording and maintaining fixed asset subledgers and preparing and monitoring accruals, preparing journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations and reviewing.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: Bachelor degree in Accounting or a business related field with significant Accounting course work or a major in Accounting; three years or more of hands on general ledger accounting experience or a combination of general ledger accounting and financial audit experience in a public accounting environment.
•Health care industry and/or not-for-profit accounting experience is desirable.
• Strong organizational skills and Microsoft Excel experience required; additional Microsoft Office experience preferred.
• Must have characteristics include: flexibility in shifting between tasks, ability to work independently, ability to monitor and set priorities, adaptability and dependability.
• Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) and FRx or Management Reporter experience is a plus.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and stable work/life balance.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.